Another short fairy tale Another short fairy tale

Fantastic little short

This little clip was enough to get a laugh out of me. The faery conveyed a good range of emotion to convey the story and build up to the inevitable and humorous result.

The dress effect was really nice.

Sinapi responds:

wow thank u so much!!! i loved to read you ;u;

The Black Fish The Black Fish

The opening should have been cut

The effort put in for a first flash definitely makes this flash deserve a place in the portal. However, the opening where the fish is drawn almost made me close the movie and blam it. In general, shape tweens should never be used when the tween scrambles things up in the process of changing. Some of the later blood tweens looked ok.
If the movie just opened up with the fish story it would have gone a long way to drawing in the viewer.
The choice of music was good and served as a nice backdrop.

Perfect Circle Perfect Circle

Very nice treatment of the song

I think you did a great job of capturing the feel of the song with the story you were telling. The detailed backgrounds seemed almost too well done for the cartoon style characters but the attention to the detail wasa really nice addition to the movie.

The Myth Of Sisyphus The Myth Of Sisyphus

Really great looking

Just the opening scene made me think immediately of the Bitey videos... Its a shame you couldn't get the full version on... perhaps you can request an exception to the limit and put up the full version instead.
I've always liked the Sisyphus story. I think you did a great job illustrating it. While there were parts that could have happened quicker (like the stick breaking) the overall animation and story depth made up for it.
Keep up the quality animating.

CatFat responds:

Code Monkey Code Monkey

Very nice

This made me very happy after watching it. Some real care and time went into animating a very enjoyable song. The animation matched the tone of the song well. A very good production.

::sings "code monkey like you" quietly to self::

WAR-HEART responds:

very nice review
Some real care and time went into it too

LOL :D

Birdie Birdie Birdie Birdie

Excellent

A very nifty work in a very small package. Kudos to you!

Homeless responds:

YAY!!!

Coffee'd Up:American Idol Coffee'd Up:American Idol

Clever set up

I don't think I've enjoyed the writing of a flash as much as this one in a long while. You devliver the joke really well without the rant getting tired or over done.

I thought the low graphics apporach (avoiding faces) was cleverly done. With different camera angles and movement not having the facial animations really didn't matter.

If the writing stays this good, this will turn into a really great series.

An Ambiguous Short An Ambiguous Short

A lot of movie for the file size!

I hope folks don't give quick bad votes just because of the file size... that was a lot of movie for 300k. Very nicely done.

Was this intended to be part of a much larger project? It seems like a nice lead in to something more.

BritishMoose responds:

The filesize was so niftily small due to my working with only the pencil tool :)

it wasn't meant to be the start of a larger project, but of a collab. I'm impressed that you inferred that :\

Thanks very much for the review :D

Nothing Compares 2 U Nothing Compares 2 U

Fantastic Work!!!

Wow, its clear alot of work went into lip syncing that all up. Very fine! Stylistically this is really great. I can still see the anime influence in the charachter design but its definately not cartoony.

Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of work.

Reiko - Double Dutch Reiko - Double Dutch

Wow, creepiest yet

The decision to do this one in flash was good. I don't think a comic depicting the scene would have anywhere near the same effect. It was an idea well translated into the flash format. This was set really well and made a very sweet yet crrepily disturbing cartoon. Definately keep making them when ideas like this strike.

TaintedInk responds:

Thanks. Actually, this cartoon is loosely based on one of my older Reiko comic strips. I'm finding that some comic strips, despite being single-panel gags, can actually translate well to flash if some thought is put into it.